In January 2021 NSWTA had no effective Asset Management leadership, highlighting risks to the networks resilience, service deliver and financial sustainability.
In less than 12 months, NSWTA has established strategic asset management function with enterprise wide scope that has delivered:
- Asset Management Policy, AM Framework, and governance structure.
- Implementation plans and Programs of works to meet asset management maturity.
- Asset Information Strategy and technology roadmap enable Asset Management Framework automation
- Established a permanent Asset Management Structure with approved future year funding
- Change in executive understanding of the importance of Asset Management practices to the organisations long term financial sustainability Asset Management now provides through leadership in investment planning and works across the business to document and mature asset life-cycle management processes.